Translate

Sunday, March 4, 2012

More Easter Tags!


Hi! I hope your having a lovely Sunday! If you've been reading the the news you've probably heard about the severe weather ravaging so much of our nation over the past few days. One of our daughters lives in Alabama and has been in the middle of the devastation caused by the tornadoes. My heart goes out to all those who have lost loved ones or property. We went through Hurricane Hugo back in 1989. I will never forget the terror of that night or the difficulty experienced in the aftermath of the storm. I recently clipped a quote to my bulletin board. It touched me because of a situation I'm currently experiencing in my own life.   

'The rainbows of life follow the storm.'
source unknown

I pray everyone affected by this most recent disaster will find their own rainbow waiting for them somewhere at the end of this difficult journey.   

On a happier note, I have a couple more Easter tags to share before I move on to my next project.      



It's difficult to see in the photos, but I added some detail to the bottom of each tag by creating a lace border with my favorite Martha Stewart punch. I hand crinkled the seam binding for a more shabby appearance, then added a paper flower and some fibers to soften everything up.   



I hand cut each tag and embossed them to add some interest and dimension. Each image is 'framed' with a border of lace and pearls for a more feminine look. 
  

These are so fun and easy to create! I originally crafted four for the YPP tag swap, then ended up making a big batch to give as Easter gifts for my friends. 

Thanks for stopping by and sharing a bit of your time! Your visit has brought a joy to my day and I hope you'll return again and again! Hugs,  

6 comments:

  1. You make such pretty things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tags are truly beautiful Nancy, your blog is such a delight it's always a treat to such a special place visit. Sending you and the family lots of positive thoughts at this time as I know how difficult it has been for you recently.
    Take care keep well and in touch my dear dear friend.
    Suey
    -x-x-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Su! I can't wait until the next time we get to chat!
      Love,
      Nancy

      Delete
  3. Oooooooh !!! These works are beautiful! You are very talented Nancy. Greeting from Italy and have a Nice day :o)))

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I just love your designs. I'll be back to check out your Etsy shop soon!
      Nancy

      Delete