Translate

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

A Finely Feathered Nest


Hello again! I'm back with a third project this week, and I have great news to share. It's time for a new two week challenge at the Frilly and Funkie Blog! Pamellia is our hostess, and her them is Things with Wings. All she asks is that we create a vintage or shabby chic project that includes wings. They can be butterflies, birds, dragonflies, or anything else you can think of that sports wings. Now that I think about it, there are tons of other creatures and beings with wings; angels, insects, dragons, and a host of mythical creatures. Let your imagination run wild! 

At the end of the challenge the team will choose their top four picks. Our first place winner will be invited to join us in a Guest DT spot at the Frilly and Funkie Blog. Three additional talented participants will receive badges to display on their blogs. Everyone who enters and adheres to the challenge guidelines will be entered into a drawing to win a $25 spending spree at The Funkie Junkie Boutique! For entry specifics and inspiration from my amazing teammates just click on the blog link above.

I love birds. I watch them. I feed them. I water them. I boil and crush eggshells for them. I even mail order gourmet bird food so I can be certain my feathered friends are getting the very best nutrition. Naturally, my winged creature of choice is a bird (a Blackcap Chickadee to be exact). My chickadee is preparing a cozy home in preparation for nestlings.  

I'd like to mention that my talented friend and teammate, Pamellia (My Little Craft Things), is a bird and squirrel whisperer. She has her backyard creatures literally eating from her hand, whereas mine bolt at the first sign of humans. I highly recommend a visit to her blog, where she shares stunning photos of her tiny friends.    


Almost everything you see on this card (except the stamps and dies) is from the Prima Vintage Emporium collection. I'll leave a list at the end of the post. Below are a few close ups.  


In the photo below you'll notice a scroll embellishment below the sentiment. That is a scrap from a Spellbinders die cut (the shell/opening left by the the die cut that people usually toss out). Don't throw those treasures away. Layer them, embellish with them, have fun with them.   






Below are photos of the inside and back of the card.  




That's all I have for now. It's your turn to create your own special project featuring anything that flutters or flies! Thank you so much for being here with me today, and for the kind comments you left on my last post. My heart is overwhelmed with joy to be part of such a wonderful group of people. I wish you a day filled with blessings! 

Hugs,   
Nancy-sign




Additional Supplies: Prima Vintage Emporium flowers. Bird and nest stamps and dies from Sizzix, other stamps from Invoke Art and Impression Obsession. Bird nest from my stash. Sewing machine and thread.

12 comments:

  1. Very beautiful work on this project with a wonderful Autumn feel to it

    Love Chriisie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this Nancy! Not only is the front of your card full of the most wonderful details but the back and the inside are fabulous too! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be still my beating heart! This is one magnificent card. Like you, I love birds so this really struck a chord in my heart. The layering and stitching and distressing are soooo beautiful. I love your tip for using the edges of die cuts, too! But that nest! That is what makes me go all gooey inside. It is so indescribably sweet and so beautifully crafted. What a work of art! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's just beautiful Nancy - unique and lovely. The colors are my favorites and it just brings me right into the fall season. Love the inside too - just makes me want to sit and write a note on that lovely page! j.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card, Nancy! The colors are so rich. I follow Pamellia's blog and agree that she has such an amazing way with her furry friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! The rich autumnal colors are beautiful and love how the chickadee is nestled in there with the perfect quote. Sounds like the birds have a lovely place to stay by you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card Cec, love the colour palette and the little bird. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, love all the layers and those embellishments !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the little bird and nest. Great idea to use the leftovers from die cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This has entered my Top 10 favourites of your incredible cards Nancy - I adore those autumnal colours, the clever use of embellishments with the nesting bird and your perfect choice of words xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always amaze me with your layers and textures on your cards Nancy and this is no exception. I love the autumnal feel to this card and the birds nest is just PERFECT! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty and very vintage card with the great papers you used and all the fun embellishments.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete