Translate

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

New Year's Inspiration Card!


Hello, friends! I hope y'all had wonderful holiday celebrations with your loved ones. Do you still have your holiday decor up in your home? I do. I leave it up for the first couple of weeks in January. I always feel a little blue when it's time to put everything away (probably because it's sooooo much work!), but before I realize it the time arrives to deck the halls all over again! I'm looking forward to a great year in 2017.     

We're ringing in the New Year at The Frilly and Funkie Blog with a brand new challenge! The amazing Jenny is our hostess and her guidelines are as follows: 

At the start of each New Year so many of us make plans and set goals for the futures. For this challenge we want you to create a vintage or shabby chic project depicting what you are inspired to do/achieve in 2017.

At the end of the challenge the team will choose their top four picks. Our first place winner will be invited to join us in a Guest DT spot at The Frilly and Funkie Blog . Three additional talented participants will receive badges to display on their blogs. Everyone who enters and adheres to the challenge guidelines will be entered into a drawing to win a $25 spending spree at The Funkie Junkie Boutique! For entry specifics and inspiration from my fabulous teammates just click on the blog link above.

My goal in 2017 is to truly appreciate the beauty in each and every day. It's easy to allow trivialities of day to day life to open the door to negative energy. There is no substitute for a positive attitude, and I intend to begin by seeing beauty in all that is around me. 


Vintage Autumn Basics papers from Maja Design are distressed, layered, and stitched. This Impression Obsession sentiment stamp is from Linda's shop. 
  

Little Birdie flowers, lace, twine, pearls, and die cut leaves add an elegant, feminine touch.   


Tim Holtz Distress Paints are combined to create a color that coordinates with the paper collection, then splashed randomly about the card. 


Below you'll find a peek at the inside of the card. 



Thank you so much for joining me today! I'm super excited to see your gorgeous creations and find out what your goals are for the year ahead! I wish you a fabulous day filled with loads of crafty fun! 

Hugs,
Nancy-sign

12 comments:

  1. This is truly gorgeous Nancy and you are so right to look for the positive and beauty in everything around us. Wishing you a positive, creative and happy 2017 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card. Loving the sweet papers and layers of yummy goodness. A great sentiment too. Wishing you a wonderful New Year. I too keep up holiday decor up until about the 3rd week of Jan. I take away the Santa's, enjoy the snowmen and twinkling lights on these dark and cold nights. Then time to dust! and enjoy the Hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Nancy and Happy New Year! What a wonderful card this is! Blue is my favorite color, and I love the soft sun washed shades used here. All that glorious distressing and inking makes it so special. Your flowers are stunning...just absolute perfection! And I love that bit of vintage lace tied in with the hemp twine. You certainly brought beauty to my day with this marvelous creation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another very special card with lots of gorgeous layers, pretty flowers and signature Nancy touches. The sentiment is wonderful and something we all definitely need to do because it is too easy to get bogged down by all the nastiness and miss the good stuff that is out there.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Love the flowers. I always feel a little down on New Year's--it's a little sad for me to put away all the decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh just stopping by as saw this on my blogger feed and thought wow! Glorious creation - amazing composition and colours x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, a great way to start in the new year. This card is splendid in every way. LOVE the papers you've used!

    Best wishes for a super 2017 - with lots of creativity, good health and joy!

    Gaby xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. I love the gorgeous shabby chic effect in the soft blue tones. The sentiment and thought is wonderful for the inspiration in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Nancy,
    Happy New Year.
    What a very gorgeous card and such a great design.
    Love the wonderful flowers and the super sentiment.
    Gorgeous shade of blue also.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You only have to look as far as this card to see beauty, Nancy! It is truly gorgeous. I love all the blue patterned paper you used to create it and those Little Birdie flowers are a perfect match. I love the way you have a scrap of lace poking out from your floral cluster. So gorgeous and beautiful eye candy for our visitors over at Frilly and Funkie!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful, shabby chic card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beauty starts right here on your blog, Nancy! I love the blues and neutrals combined on your card! The flowers are gorgeous and the touch of lace adds the shabby romance I see in all your create! Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete